From:
Dean and Becky DeGeer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Mar 2004 19:09:31 -0800
I work at a Vet Clinic, and one of our distributors is going to be
carrying a new food.  I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts
on it.  (Stupid question on this list--everyone here has thoughts
on everything! ;) )

I am not associated in any way with this company, and all quotes and
nutrition information is taken directly from the product catalog, and
are only included in order to provide enough information for educated
comments.

The brand name is Wysong, and the name of the food is Archetype.  It
looks like it would be a good Insulinoma diet, but it's expensive, so
I wanted to get some input before I try it.  (Since we lost Yozum, we
don't have any insulinomics right now, but I want to try to get them
used to it, just in case.)

It's a freeze-dried food which can be rehydrated.  Since it is not
heat-processed, it claims to contain the nutrients which are lost in
kibble processing.  It "contains no grains, which unnaturally dilute
the diet with high levels of carbohydrates.  99+% meat!"  It is also
"free of additives commonly used to create color, texture, taste, stool
consistency and shelf life."

Ingredients: Beef Meat and Organs, Chicken Meat and Organs, Lamb Meat
and Organs, Fresh Bone, Milk Calcium, Omega 3 Fish Oil, Coral Calcium,
Barley and Wheat Grass, Mineral-Rich Seaweed, Wysong Oxherphol(TM)
(Vitamin E Tocopherol Epimers, Fat-Soluble Vitamin C, Organic Chelators,
and Natural Botanical Oleoresins), and a Complete Spectrum of Vitamins,
Chelated Minerals, ,Enzymes, Probiotics, Prebiotic Oligosaccharides and
Phytonutrients.

Analysis: Protein 50%, Fat 28%, Fiber 2.8%, Moisture 3%

Any comments would be welcome, as I'd love to find a more appropriate
diet for my Insulinomics (when I have them!)

Bright Blessings,
Becky
with Pixie, Kodi-Bear, and Twizzler
Missing Cinnamon, Coke, Chitterbox, and Yozum (that's
Yah-zum!)