From:
Faith Pollifrone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 09:29:03 EDT
I was putting ice cubes in the dog dish (should call it the mutual dish
because all our animals love that water bowl even though they all have
their own) yesterday...melting almost as fast as I could put them in...
and Merlin started playing bobbing for cubes.  He didn't get as
entertaining as he did this morning though!  It was the FUNNIEST
experience I have had with them so far! :-) lol

I put some in this morning and Merlin started in his bobbing game.  The
missing and going under a bit...coming back up and shaking...almost falling
in...etc.  But this time...whenever he got an ice cube he'd take it behind
the stove and hide it.  He did it about 8 times until all the ice had
almost melted.  Cyrano...he got 1 or 2 but he only took his under the
table and set it on the placemat. :-)  (Previously knocked off when he was
helping me make sandwiches.) :-)  But it was soooo funny to see Merlin
carting those cubes behind the stove...I had to get out the video camera
for that. :-)

As for the sandwiches....I got out all the stuff and Cyrano...he didn't eat
any but he was interested in sniffing everything I was putting in and tried
to climb into the sandwich bags that held the lunchmeat. :-)  The only part
he was interested in was after I made the sandwich I put it into a bag
which he would grab and try to throw off the table...which then the dogs
would come in on that...and try to grab the sandwich....but I foiled their
plan...it never got off the table. :-)

Now the other funny thing I GOTTA share is that yesterday Merlin started
digging through my daughter's toybox...then he got all quiet so I HAD to
go see what he was doing.  He had stolen a little purple purse off of a
stuffed animal mouse and was walking around with it in his mouth.  Then he
took it into the corner and tried to open it...digging furiously at it.  I
have no idea if he got it open or not but later when I went to look for
the purse he had taken it and hid it.  It was sooo FUNNY to see an albino
ferret with a just the right size plastic purple purse hanging out of his
mouth by the shoulder strap running around the living room...I swear all he
needed was a mall to shop at!  :-) Boy I wish I had had the video camera
for that one.  Maybe I'll eventually run into that purse and see if he will
do it again....maybe put a treat inside and see what happens. :-)

I even gave them a magic towel ride this morning...around the dining room
table we went...jumping, war dancing, etc.  My hubby laughed his butt off.
Too bad he didn't grab the camera since I had my hands full. :-)

I just HAD to share...They are just soooo CUTE and FUNNY. :-)  How anyone
could not like them I don't know. :-)

Yeah Merlin nips toes but so what...I'll live with the toe nipping...it's
worth the entertainment and laughs he brings.  I love my little guys. :-)

Faith