From:
Rachel Zuckerman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 11:55:27 -0800
OK, first of all thanks to everyone for their suggestions on names for my
new little girl... I ended up calling her Pukkaluna, Pukka for short.  It
was originally going to be Puck, but she's a girl, and the "Luna" came
from her light, moonbeam-like coloring.

Now to the problem: I've started letting all three ferrets out together,
and Lola keeps scruffing the other two and screaming in their ears!  I
realize this is a dominance thing, but the thing is, Lola is deaf so I
don't think she knows how loud she's being, and it alarms the other two!
No one's really being hurt or overly terrorized, but does anyone know how
long this little phase is likely to last?  Illura and Lola took to each
other almost instantly, so I didn't have to deal with this kind of thing
then.  They're free to go in and out of each other's cages so they know
each other's smells, but eventually I'd like to get all three in the same
cage.  It's almost funny to watch little Lola chasing Sebastian, who is
roughly twice her size, around the room while shrieking like a little
banshee, but it's getting a little tiresome.  If Pukka or Sebastian turns
to face her, she jumps on them, scruffs them, and screams in their ears.
Any advice?

Rachel and the fabulous fighting ferrets, Lola, Pukka, and Sebastian

=====
"Go ahead, call the cops
You don't meet nice girls in coffee shops"

                      -- Tom Waits