Date:
Wed, 7 Dec 2011 19:19:47 -0500
So I decided to get the Ferret Nation 142. Many people prepared me that
the new 182 isn't bolted together the same and so therefore its a bit
flimsy. So we got the old tried and true model. They are a bit hard to
find now. But Amazon still has them. Keven was right, even though that
model is the one with the shelf issues, the later batches included the
better shelves. This box looked like it went through WWII when it
arrived, but it indeed had the new shelves. I told hubby that the
assembly was a nightmare. That you had to be an octopus to put it
together. I exaggerated what people told me so he didn't get frustrated
and loose his temper while putting it together. But he took it as a
challenge and did it all alone. He said he had no problems! This thing
is awesome. I love it.

The ferrets have been free roam for months now. I have never seen such
temper tantrums as when I put them in this cage for the first time.
This purchase seriously cut into our Christmas. It was a very "big
deal" for us. Scott has been dreaming of a Ferret Nation cage for
years. So there we were so proud of this gorgeous tank of a cage, and
there my ferrets were having a holy conniption fit. Ungrateful little
suckers!! The litter flew. The poop flew (out of the litter pans).
The bedding got pulled up. The food got dug out of the bowl. All in a
matter of minutes. I had to open the cage back up and let them out!!!!
I was so mad. Later that night, I went in after they were sleeping and
tucked them into the cage for the night. I made it so there is no
blankets in the room, only in the cage. So the "good stuff" is in the
cage. They now associate that with the cage and love it.

I knew I could depend on all of you here. Like I said, finanically,
this was a very big deal. I was nervous as heck. I couldn't sleep. I
was scared about the past issues. I couldn't understand some of the
stuff. But many of you stepped up on the list, off list, and on
Facebook to help me.

Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Wolfy