Date:
Tue, 29 May 2007 11:47:28 -0500
o.k. so I had an extra day off this holiday weekend and decided to
enjoy a leisurely warm sweet buttery bowl of hot oatmeal for breakfast.
I usually eat breakfast on my way to or at work. Little did I know at
the time how much ferrets love sweet buttery oatmeal too! I prepared
my oatmeal, complete with with a large gob of butter and spoonfuls of
sugar. As I sat on the edge of the bed with my bowl in my lap, flipping
tv channels to see what interesting movie I could find to while away
the hours, my mouth watering in anticipation, I dip the spoon to take
my first bite of warm sweet buttery oatmeal and what do I find - a big
furry head in my way! Of course the oatmeal was too warm for a ferret
so he would take a lick and shake his head but wouldn't move back so I
could dip my spoon. I gently restrained him and dipped my spoon in the
sweet creamy mixture, gently blew the delectable aroma his way and
when it was cool enough, put the spoon up to his mouth. Oh my goodness!
One bite was not enough for this little food urchin. He scrambled
frantically to get into my bowl! It wasn't long before two more came
ambling into the room with their heads held high sniffing the delicious
buttery sweet aroma of my precious oatmeal. Now I had three ferrets
frantically trying to get their furry heads into my oatmeal bowl! No
sooner did one get his mouthful another was waiting.

I had no idea ferrets liked oatmeal so much! (it's o.k., I need to go
on a diet anyway....)

hugs. tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org