From:
Danielle Frye <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Apr 2001 20:06:45 -0700
I think that this whole Totally Ferret issue is getting out of hand.  As
far as I can see, only one shelter/person has voiced concerns, so I have to
wonder if it is an isolated incident?  Anyone else have this experience
with supply for less than $2k per order?

I stated in one of my posts that my ferrets don't like certain foods BUT
those foods they don't like may be perfectly good foods.  It is not fair
for others to make snide remarks about someone's choice of ferret food.
It would be better to educate them politely on why one is better than
the other or direct them to a source where they can view and compare
nutritional values.  Ferrets Magazine had a very well-written article
about this exact topic but did not endorse any one particular food - just
provided ingredients and values.  I cannot remember what FMLer wrote it,
but I really found it beneficial.  I think it was in the Ferrets 2000
annual.

On the topic of "bullying", one must remember that email is not always the
best form of communicating.  I am not going to get into a "pissing" match
over such, but I really saw nothing offensive or mean in Sukie's post.
We all share different opinions on several topics.  Occasionally, I find
myself agreeing with people who I normally disagree with or vice-versa.
That is ok by me.  It is ok to disagree civilly.  It is when someone
singles you out and wont let go, that becomes a major problem.  Don't fall
into the trap.  I write this to Darrin - please beware of this, you are
opening up a bad can of worms (sorry, I have worms on the brain this week
with what Dopey produced).

This weekend, I plan to visit this place in Seattle that will be carrying
Totally Ferret.  I have not called them to see if this is possible yet.  I
am sure that if Sandi is posting about what she has experienced with them,
I will probably witness the same.  I like to think that people post
truthful experiences on this board, and am inclined to give them the
benefit of the doubt (even if I have had past disagreements with them).
I'll post what I discover.

Also, I anxiously await a response from Performance Foods on this whole
topic.  Whatever they post, is their decision, and it is probably the best
decision they could make.  We don't know the circumstances behind it, so
lets not jump to conclusions.  Also, if Sandi was not given a reason for
why this is occuring, I could certainly understand why she would be upset
about it.  Please be fair to both sides of the issue.

Off to scoop, those visitors from Planet Ferreteen, sure do make a mess!

P.S.  To those of you who gave me some "worm" advice, thank you!  Also,
thank you to the others who responded to my post on euthanasia.  Thank
you to BIG who is really doing a great job of keeping the peace.  I
cannot imagine doing this on a daily basis.  I put out fires at work all
day long, but I get paid.  Two (or four)paws up for you!