From:
Donna Clark <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Dec 2005 13:32:18 -0500
I wanted to send a post today that would make folks smile a little.
There has been alot of sadness on the FML lately with all the passings.

I have a little old lady ferret by the name of Slinky, she is one of my
foster girls, but this is her very last home.  She will live here until
the end of her days.

A couple of weeks ago she had to have emergency surgery to remove a large
hairball from her tummy.  All this time she has not been doing well.  I
even asked the Guardian of Hope to ask for special prayers for Slinky.
She had to have force feedings, fluids, because she stayed dehydrated,
different meds, carafate, pepto etc.  Not doing well at all.  What I left
out is that Slinky was a dump(no background history) and is at least 10
years old, and yes she has absolutely stolen my heart.

Last night my Slinky girl started eating on her own and often.  It is
not hard kibble, but softened kibble(lots of water) with a little A/D
and a touch of Nutrical for flavor.  She is drinking good, she wants to
come out of her cage and check things out and her poop looks good.

I will continue her meds(not the fluids) for a while and the gruel.
Always the love.

She even ate so much at lunch today she had a little fat stomach.

I hope in all the sadness and worry that surround all of us everyday that
this simple little bit of happiness was able to bring a smile to each of
you.

Love and happiness to all,
Donna