Date:
Wed, 6 Sep 2006 09:39:46 -0400
I live in MD and have written to my district delegates and voted
officials several times over the past couple of years, urging them to
vote in favor of ferret protection legislations.  Last night I received
my sample ballot for the upcoming September primary elections and began
my internet research to review the candidates and their positions.
In doing so, I paid special attention to the incumbents and how they
supported (or not) legislation near and dear to me.

Today, I have written a few follow up e-mails to those officials who I'd
previously written to urging their support and told them that either
a) I would be voting for their re-election based on their previous
support, or
b) would be voting against them based on their lack of previous support.

I hope my e-mails today reinforce that as an active voter, I pay
attention to whether or not my elected officials are listening to me
and act accordingly when they are up for re-election.  I want them to pay
attention the next time they receive an email requesting their support
of ferret legislation!

Anyway, I am urging all FML members and ferret enthusiasts to do the same
across the nation.  Research your candidates and send them emails telling
them you appreciate their support (or vice versa) now that it matters
most to them.  Then hopefully when we have our next push to pass ferret
protection legislation, they will remember it made a difference on
election day!

Dooks,
Moscha (with Skippy, BoBo, and Nosette - ferret research assistants)