From:
belphebe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:25:50 -0800
From the reading that I did when my ferret had a Chordoma, it doesn't
seem to cause them any pain. My ferret, Rio, didn't seem to be bothered
by the tumor.

If the chordoma is on the end of the tail, it could probably be left
alone. However, there is always the risk that it will continue to grow
and/or move up the tail to the spine. A Chordoma on the spine could
cause problems. Based on that information, as well as on discussions
with my vet, I chose to have the tumor removed.

A quick search today on Chordoma brought up a link to the following
article provided by Dr. Bruce Williams:

<http://www.smallanimalchannel.com/media/ferrets/ferret-health/tumors-in-ferrets.aspx.pdf>

Inez