From:
Au Jennifer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Tue, 25 Feb 1992 02:01:30 -0500
This is in regards to Silly (?) Question from Ferret List 216.

   I once had a large Holland Lop rabbit that I would let out with my ferret.
When the ferret came near the rabbit, the rabbit thumped its large feet and
made a charging gesture towards the ferret. This always scared the bejeebers
out of the ferret and it went running off for a while. I never left them alone
together, and I would recommend you not leave yours alone either. If you put
them out together keep them under close supervision. I know from first hand
experience (unfortunately) that ferrets DO NOT get along with hamsters, rats,
pigeons, chinchillas or turtles. I hope this helps a little.

[This is rather heavily dependent upon the individual ferret.  Some
do get along with smaller animals.  But I'd never trust one with something
as small as a hamster, rat or mouse.]
                          Jenny