From:
"Karen E. Marsh-Lovvorn" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 May 1996 08:29:16 -0400
To Nancy & the Jelly-Crazed Babies:

I was ROTFL as I read you post and visualized the Great Jelly Caper!  I
don't think he was trying to explain the concept of "NO" though.  I'm not
sure they really understand the concept!  (Oh sure, they make us THINK they
do - they stop doing whatever it is we don't like and look penitent - but
the minute our backs are turned they're right back at it!) But nothing they
do amazes me anymore!  I think you're right - he wanted the muffin & when he
couldn't get it decided to pull the "poor li'l ol' me" routine.

To Everyone:

There have been lots of births and deaths lately!  For those who have new
babies, congratulations!  And for those who have lost them, I grieve with
you.  May the Great Ferret Spirit smile upon all of you!

To LLP:

I think the adoption web page is a good idea, however you may not be getting
much on there because (1) other people have their own individual shelter web
pages and (2) they can go to the STAR listing & get info./contacts for their
local area.  It may also be that it will just take a little time for people
to become aware of the site and start to use it.  Have patience!

Notes from TriFL/Rogues Gallery:

We've adopted out 5 ferrets to new "parents" this month and wish them luck
and love.  We still have some wonderful fuzzies that need homes though
(central N.C.)!

TriFl will have it's June meeting this Sat., June 1 at the Youth For Christ
building in Apex.  Fuzzy playtime is from 10:30-11:00a, and the meeting will
start at 11:00.  Agenda includes: non-profit status, election of officers,
fundraising, upcoming events, pet store supplies list, vet survey,
newsletter, expanded contacts list, pet store "new ferret owner" packets,
and finding a new meeting place, since we will be unable to use the YFC
facility after this month.  I'll have samples of the sterling
silver/gold-plate ferret jewelry we discussed, and we can start taking
orders (dogs, cats, & other animal styles are also available).  Ferrets come
in 2 styles: a small "sitting" ferret and a larger standing (on all fours)
ferret.  If you need info.  or directions to the meeting, please e-mail me.
Hope to see you there!

Karen