From:
meagan quinn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 12:38:08 PST
Hi!
i made a difference! I made a difference!!

I went ot the local pet store in my quest for treats (which Keera STILL
won't touch by the way!) and came upon a large group of MF ferrets, young
(of course) in cedar shaving in a plexiglass aquarium with a wire top.  On
top of the cage was a box preventing thier escape (HA!) anyway, the food
was mushed and parts of it looked crusty (old).  Sitting at a food dish of
much was on older ferret (5 or 6 months maybe) biting the sides of the dish
and turning it.  He looked bored out of his mind.  there were so many many
little guys and he couldn't even play with them!  They were in a ton of
cedar, the food dish had cedar chips all over and there was a ton of
poopsies in the corners!  Not like they had anyu circulation b/c via the
wire top b/c the box was covering 1/2 of it!!  this went on, i couldn't
find a manager.  so i got their website.  www.familypetcenter.com i got
online and sent in a complaint (maybe a little exaggerated but i was
mad--but it was still truthful!) anyway-they responded: see below!