From:
Danny Williams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Aug 1995 03:23:20 UT
Debbie and Dr. Williams,

Thanks for the tip on Buster's feeding.  Last weekend I started the more
frequent/less food feedings.  This weekend has been very good.  I feed him
at least 12cc every two hours (all on his own, suckling the syringe), and
he is starting to get a little more active.  I can always tell how he is
feeling by the shape of his eyes.  The are almost fully round again and
there is less teeth grinding.  But his stools don't seem to be clearing up
much.  I suppose this takes time?  Can anybody clue me into how long?  He
is also getting around a little more (though still wobbly) and has
attempted to eat a few kibbles.  He is drinking on his own.

I took him back to get checked up on last friday and I showed the doc what
you (Dr. Williams) told me.  After reading it, he double and triple checked
Buster's belly, but said all he could find is a little bitty bump above the
spleen.  He wants to see Buster again Wed to check back on it.  As far as
the Baytril, he was reluctant to change since the information he got off the
net said otherwise.  At that point I wasn't going to insist for the Amoxy (I
don't want to offend the hand treating him...) But he promised to research
it further and will have this information for me Wed.  As far as the Reglan,
Doc also said he has seen it work both ways on appetite.  It hasn't seemed
to reduce it any.... He also Gave me some Tagamet.  I have no idea what it
is (told it helps digestive track) but Buster hates it (foams at mouth).
Naturally he is still getting his pepto religiously.

I also got to asking about his adreanal experience (for my other one).  He
said he had done quite a few...most notably on a ferret that live for 21
years.  He said it was the oldest ferret he or anyone he knew ever heard
about...  I've no reason to doubt it, but has anyone ever heard of this
little guy?

Danny