From:
felinesnferrets <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Apr 2005 15:06:41 -0700
NIBBLES RAFFLE - Frontier Ferrets Rescue and Shelter
(Wyoming and Utah)

As many of you already know, two ferrets, Nibbles and Oscar, were
surrendered to the shelter almost two weeks ago.  I am their foster mom
and I've been working with my friend, Eileen, who has Frontier Ferrets
Rescue and Shelter.  Not too long ago Eileen had to make the difficult
decision to close her doors to any more surrenders, however, we did
decide that we would still take any ferrets that were left and not
adopted from animal control.  Nibbles and Oscar are two surrenders that
were referred to me through animal control.  Both ferrets are active and
alert, however, I could tell Nibbles had some health problems so I took
her immediately to the vet.

The vet says that Nibbles needs to have surgery as soon as possible.
Nibbles is about 6 years old, adrenal, insulinomic, blind due to
cataracts in both eyes, has walking difficulties and at some time in her
life her tail was broken and it is now quite crooked.  But these things
have not stopped her from wanting to get around to check things out.
The vet thinks she is still a surgical candidate but we need the funds to
get the surgery done.  Since the shelter is technically closed, we are
strapped for funds.  So to raise funds for her surgery we are selling a
few items on eBay but we are also having a RAFFLE!!!!

So I would like to introduce Oscar, her brother, who is going to be the
MC for the NIBBLES RAFFLE!!!

Thank you,
Mary

.enters a gorgeous cinnamon ferret

Hi eberybudy

Dis is Oscar.  I am Nibbles brudder.  Me found out my sistur is really
sick dough she no like to show it.  So me new foster Moms and Aunties
talked to me about habing a raffle to raise monies so me sistur can hab
her surgery.  Dey tells me to tell you someding about a web page.  If
you go to dis web address it will gibe all sorts of information and
piktures!!!  Dere is eben a picture of me!!

http://www.geocities.com/ferretcorneraz/FnF.html

Dere are SIX package prizes!!!  Plus you can picked which prize you want
to try to win!!!  Dere are piktures of the prizes.  Dere is lots and lots
of good stuff!  Da raffle is gonna run from April 28 through May 27 and
the winner will be announced on May 31.  Mom seys to tell you dat since
Monday, May 30, is a holiday we hab to wait til the next day to tell
eberybudy who won.  Tickets are $1.00 each or 6 for $5.00 and you can pay
through PayPal!!!  How easy is dat?!?!  If'n you can't use PayPal dere is
instructions on how to get tickets by snail mail(euuwww snails?)

So pwease, pwease buy sum tickets for Nibbles Raffle so we can raise the
monies so my sistur can hab surgery.  I want my sistur to stay wid me
for a long time.

Thank you bery, bery much.
MC Oscar

**permission to cross-post granted**