Date:
Wed, 12 May 1999 14:19:44 EDT
Shopping with the ferts!!

Took old man shelter x- biter fert and deaf fert kept in bathtub out to the
store with me today.  We had a riot.  By third pet store, my x-biter was
sleepy, but Socks was still a maniac.  He sniffed, snooped, ran down isle
after isle, snorkeled through soft toys, threw bags of food off shelves,
pooped in a tight corner[that was difficult to reach] leaped, hopped,
chortled, bucked like a bronco, dashed, skidded, pranced sideways: he was
WILD for almost an hour straight!!!!!!!

Finally, I reeled him in on his leash, and he leaped up to my face and bit
the dickens out of my lip!!  Here I am with the fert that has badly bitten
me for over a year, and he is now letting me hold him and cuddle and kiss
him, and my friendly Socks is the one to really bite me.

I immediately kissed his little being all over with the good side of my
lip, and rocked him and snuggled: He was asleep in my hands within two
minutes.  They are so human-like.  I had an overtired, over excited maniac
toddler one minute, and sound asleep babe in my hands the next.

Socks doesn't let me hold him.  This was the very first time!!.This was
also his first time out on a leash at the stores.I had blood running down
my chin.  But there was Socks asleep in my hands.  What complex interesting
living beings these guys are.

These guys are so real.I can't stop loving them.  Once we got home,they
wouldn't leave their carrier until everyone came to see them inside and
knew that these two had had a special time with mom.

Lisette and Socks who says"Don't give me any lip-I already have some."