From:
Janice Leenhouts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Aug 1998 22:11:40 -0600
My female, spayed ferret (age unknown) will be having adrenal surgery soon.
She is not acting sick, but has had repeated hair loss which is currently
up to her hip area.  She has also had the Tennessee Blood Panel which was
indicative of adrenal didease.  My question concerns post-operative care.
Since she is currently eating well (Totally Ferret), playful, and in good
general health, how soon after surgery will she be able to eat on her own?
Do all ferrets require "Duck Soup" after this surgery?  If so, for how long?
I would appreciate anyone who can give me very specific information as I
will be going back to work (teacher) next week and need to know exactly what
to plan for.  Please e-mail me at [log in to unmask]  Thanks for all the
good information you disseminate.