From:
DONALD AND ELEANOR MEAD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 12:40:39 -0400
Does anyone else out there have a loud vocal ferret?  I have a huge albino
male, Bear who I swear talks, in his own language.  When I sit him in my
lap at night to give him his warmed chicken gravy soup with a spoon, he
expresses with different sounds just how happy he is.  When I talk, he
talks back!  Sometimes it sounds like he puts an exclamation point at the
end of a sentence.  My sister has seen and heard him.  He is unbelievable.
When you hold him and talk to him he talks back like he's trying to copy
you.  When he grooms himself he talks.  He's loud when he yawns.  He
actually grunts when he poops!  He makes noises in his sleep!  I brought
him to the vet years agothinking something might be wrong and all was
fine, she just said that he was a vocal ferret.  I wish I had more like
him, he is so enjoyable and the most lovable, friendliest, gentle giant I
have known!  He loves everybody and everything.  Bear is 6 years old, has
insolinoma and hind leg weakness now, but is holding his own.

Eleanor