From:
Angela M Preimesberger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 1996 18:39:33 PST
Matthew -

Isn't that what I said?  Yes, the base commander usually, key word, has the
choice to allow or not allow ferrets.  Each base has different regulations
conserning which animals they allow on base.  Scott AFB, IL allows an animal
which can fit into a 20gal aquarium and doesn't make too much noise in the
dorms.  This info obtained from a friend living there, eventhough the base
police gave her many problems about her ferret.  Keesler AFB, MS doesn't
allow ferrets.  They consider them rodents.  I asked housing last week since
I'm relocating down there soon.  I am in the Air Force but am on an Army
base since Army doesn't have weather people.  We go by Army and Air Force
regulations - usually the one that says no to something we want : ).  That
regulation you quoted what's the new number?  It should begin with AFI.  I
have scoured and scoured all the new regulations for info to give out when
someone asks.  Trust me, boy do I bug housing people!  The housing office
and the base commander is going to get lots of education information on why
ferrets are not rodents.

Angela