Date:
Tue, 6 May 2003 12:14:37 -0600
I have to admit... I am speechless at the outpouring of support this
group has given me.  The amount of emails I have received privately as
well as on list has been overwhelming.  I am never at a loss for words,
but I just can't seem to find the right ones to tell you how much this
means to me and how grateful I am.  You see, this past year, I was
beginning to feel that being a good human being wasn't worth much these
days.  There are so many people out there that have nothing better to do
than to hurt others.  It's been a trying time trying to walk a fine line
between wanting to blow the offenders cover and maintaining civility and
professionalism.  At every turn recently, lies and manipulation were
winning out.  The outpouring of support has shown me that being who I
am counts for more than anything in this world and for that, I am truly
grateful.  It has given me back a part of myself I thought I had lost...
my sense of self worth.

I won't play the same games that have been played upon me... I just
can't.  My sense of moral duty and responsibility to be a decent human
being permits me from doing the underhanded things that others do not
even blink an eye at.  And that is what makes me an easy target...

Yes, I am vocal and yes, I stand up for what is right.  And yes, I will
write about the injustices that happen so that others can learn from
them.  I do it because I care and I don't want others to go through what
I have.  But mostly I do it for the ferrets because the people who do
sweat blood and tears for them should not have to go through what I have
had to.

Thank you again for all of your support... you guys are simply the
greatest...

Special thanks to Sukie who has been doing an extraordinary amount of
legwork on my behalf to get this situation rectified, and to Bob C for
your post...

love and hugs to you all...
betty and james and their blur o'fur
for the love of ferrets...