Date:
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 14:37:44 -0500
ramp covers:
I buy small pieces of carpet (doormats work fine, as long as they don't
have rubber backings) and cut them to fit the wire ramps.  Then I stick
wire through the carpet and twist it tightly to the ramps, making sure
all wire ends are safely tucked away.  As Amelia's back legs have gotten
progressively more wobbly, I've had to build her a "handicapped access
ramp" up to the bed, since she can no longer climb a milk crate as she's
always done.  I made the ramp out of a piece of wire shelving, and Amelia
looks like she's heading up the gangway of a cruise ship when she comes
up on the bed :)

floor poopers:
If they're pooping next to the boxes (and you live somewhere with real
winter), my solution might work for you.  I put trays meant for wet boots
under the litterboxes.  The ones I found at a local Kmart are heavy
plastic, about two and a half feet long by a foot and a half deep.  With
the trays, the floors are protected and the misses can be easily cleaned
up with paper towels and cleaner of your choice on a daily basis, with
occasional scrubbing of the trays.  Anyway, that works for me!

Regina