Date:
Fri, 8 May 1998 08:14:20 -0400
Dawn, both my ferrets have taken a liking to dog food, Meep especially so.
I try to keep a happy medium where it is down enough for Shelley (the dog)
to eat as she wants and still keep them from eating too much of it.  I just
try to keep them up to date on their Ferretone/Ferretvite so they get
taurine (which is missing in dog food and ferrets really need to have), as
well as the higher protein.  And I have found that putting them in their
cage for short periods through out the day helps them to concentrate on
their own food.  After all, they are like us, a snack in the hand is better
than food that requires work (such as going up the stairs to eat out of
their own dish!!)  I have tried setting their food out for them downstairs
but then Shelley eats it!

Does anyone use a good air deodorizer they can recommend?  We clean
litterboxes religiously every morning but still by days end "THE NOSE" in
the family isn't thrilled.  I don't think it is really that bad but anything
that would help would be appreciated.

I have new bookcases and a new problem!!!  These are open all the way to the
floor and the latest game is to EMPTY the bookcase!!  And I thought I was
buying them to get my stacks of books off the floor (where by the way they
were totally ignored by said ferrets!).  Guess I'll try wedging the lower
shelves in really tight.  Another new toy is a leather belt with a metal
buckle that "jingles".  We drag it around the floor and they run like wild
to catch it and then jump at it when we pull it up in the air several
inches.

Karla
Meep and Daisy