From:
Tryntje Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 May 1998 13:26:25 -0400
I forgot to ask my question about Jasper.  The vet noticed that his neck
was larger than it perhaps should be.  First, keep in mind that this guy is
just short of 5, yes that's not a typo, he is almost 5 pounds - one big
ferret.  She also felt a mass in his abdomen that we may need to be
concerned about.  Jasper is about 3 yr.  old and deaf.  When we got him
(him and his sister-in-law and neice were rescues - the neice was a serious
biter and we have not totally been able to cure her, but that is another
story) I had been concerned about him perhaps having stomach problems and
yes, I felt a hard spot in his abdomen.  When he wakes up he will chew as
if something is stuck in his teeth.  The vet couldn't find anything wrong
and wasn't too concerned.  This is a new vet and said that we should watch
Jasper closely and perhaps in a month or so have an exray done.  He also
needs his teeth cleaned (we had them cleaned when he was neutered, just
after we got him) and none of our others (we have had 16 all together) have
ever needed this done.  I also don't think his neck is any larger than it
usually is.  Can there be a spleen problem?  Can the lymph nodes/glands be
related to his stomach problem?  Help me out here.  What kinds of thinks
can we up against?

Thanks in advance for any help that you can give me.

Take care.
Tryntje Miller