From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 02:31:04 -0400
I simply cannot believe what's going on with Kodo.  Considering Michigan's
recent track record I am crestfallen with despair over Kodo's predicament.
So I'm making this desperate offer.

For the past year and a half I've been restoring a 1969 Chevrolet Chevelle
SS396.  The car should be completed within the next two months; the only
thing it needs is paint and a couple of minor trim pieces.  The car has been
restored to almost perfect factory condition.  Only a modern stereo system,
radial tires, and a LoJack vehicle recovery system will show this to be a
not-entirely-factory restoration.  This is a "numbers-matching" car, and is
something of a collectors item.  Photos are available.

I will GIVE this car to anyone who can safely break Kodo out of his prison.
Yes, that's right.  Break Kodo out and we will make arrangements to have
Kodo delivered to a loving home, at which time I will sign the title and
hand over the keys.  (Returning him to his owner is not practical; Michigan
lawmakers will be at his doorstep in minutes.) I will volunteer my home
where Kodo will have a large (17'x14') fully-stocked ferret playroom to
share with my three ferrets and one cat.  Kodo will get excellent health
care since my wife is a veterinarian, and I live in a "ferret-friendly"
state.

This is not a joke; I am 100% serious.  Two weeks ago I put an ad in some
papers to sell the car with the intention of giving the money to the Save
Kodo Fund.  (My wife was going crazy over this until I told her why.) I
received an offer of almost $10,000 but I know the car is worth much more
than that -- but I think Kodo is worth much more.  I know first-hand what
it's like to lose a pet to such stupid circumstances and resolved a long
time ago to not let it happen to anyone again if I could help it.

I will look for an announcement of Kodo's jailbreak and respond accordingly.

[SB]