From:
Elizabeth Elliott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Feb 1995 17:42:30 EST
Hello all ferret lovers,
    I am new to the FML, but not to ferrets.
We have had Frisky for four years [she is five] and she is a member of the
family.
I have really enjoyed reading all the letters about ferrets.
Frisky is a sable ferret.  She is very small, weighing only one and a half
pounds.
For the last four years frisky has been doing everything with us.  Wilderness
camping, sailing, hiking and bicycling are her favorites.
Last summer me and my family biked across the Manitoulin Island.  Of course
we didn't forget Frisk.  She was with us the whole way in a trailer my dad
built for her to be towed behind my bike.
Frisky hates the water, and being cold [what a suck].  When me and my brother
go swimming she will pace around the shore and grab onto our fingers and try
to pull us out.
She is very protective!
When we go sailing, she gets acting silly, and is jumping around.  She usually
accidently falls off the boat and into the water!
Frisky has had two litters.  The first time she had eight kits and they all
survived.  There were four sable and four albino.  The second litter she had
only two sable kits and one died.
Male ferrets that aren't fixed are hard to find.  The one we were getting her
bred with is gone.
Some friends had mentioned...Ferret Clubs?
If anyone knows of one in Southern Ontario I'd really appriciate it!

Bye now!
From Janet and Frisky!