From:
Lorraine Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Aug 1996 15:50:24 -0600
I am proud to announce that we found a home for our 4 ferrets.

We received some very tempting offers from people here online, but were not
having much luck with our local press when suddenly a phone call came in.
It was a fifteen year old boy (I could hear the voice of his mother in the
background) interested in taking two of the ferrets if possible.  To make a
long story short, I spoke with him for a bit then spoke with his mother
directly.  Eventually, after a lot of information sharing and talking it was
arranged for them to come into town to preview the ferrets and decide which
pair they would like.

The preview went well, the family selected Spazz and Trouble and we agreed
to arrange for a vet appointment where the handing over ceremony would
occur.  Three days later the phone rang again and as it turned out the two
teenagers had done some work on mom (who confessed it didn't take much work
to convince her) and the family was hoping to take all four ferrets.  They
were well aware of the necessity for regular vet visits and after having
spoken with this family several times I was convinced that they were a very
responsible group.

So ... a few days later we met up at the vets, handed over the ferrets and
their things, helped the new family check in and then left.  Gord and I
opted to not be part of the meeting with the vet, we felt that was an
important time for the family to have without the former owners putting
their noses into everything.

A follow-up conversation a few days later (curiosity was killing me)
revealed that the ferrets were all in great shape and the family was
enjoying their new adoptees fully.

So, our home is now a FFZ due to allergies (sigh).

Best wishes and thanks to everyone on the FML.

Lorraine and Gord (Humans desperately missing Spazz, Jester, Trouble and
Mischief)
Maggie (A cat celebrating getting her house back from mustelid invaders)
Enid (The iguana ... we had ferrets???)