From:
"Vicki L. Henderson" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jun 1999 15:39:27 -0400
I attended a ferret show here in Michigan a couple weeks ago, and was
amazed at how tiny the 9 week and 12 week old kits looked.  The owner
explained that they came from a large litter of 12, still seemed too tiny
to be those ages.  Well, seen some 8 week old kits last week that were
monsters in size compared to the kits at the ferret show.  Which leads me
to believe that all these people that insist they bought or seen a pet
store ferret that was 4 or maybe 5 weeks old may be very wrong!  I would
have swore by the size of the 9 week old kits that they were 5 weeks or
there about if I hadn't been told.  You have to take into consideration
different circumstances as to the kits size, just because it may look tiny
like a 4 week old doesn't make it so.

--
Vicki L. Henderson-a.k.a. Ferret Fanatic
The Fearless FLO!