From:
Megan O'Shaughnessy DC <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Sep 1998 17:55:03 -0700
>They often let one of the big iguanas sit on the floor in the reptile/bird
>house, and people can touch it.  I've heard them warn people with small
>children not to touch it, or to be very careful about washing their hands
>afterwards as iguanas tend to carry some particularly nasty thing.  ...
>Does anyone know what this is?  Is it something that could be dangerous
>to the ferrets?

The disease to which I think you are referring is Salmonella.  I have no
idea if it is dangerous to ferrets (tho I personally wouldn't take the
chance, if no one knows), but it *IS* dangerous to both humans and to cats.
A good friend of mine and her cat both got terribly ill with salmonella, a
few years ago.  The cat died, a terrible death.

- Megan

--
Megan O'Shaughnessy DC ( [log in to unmask] )