From:
Dana Lane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 1995 08:37:09 EDT
Hi there!

I've noticed a couple notes regarding those wire cages and ferrets getting
stuck in them occasionly.  We used to have that problem as well.  What we
did about it was we went to one of those home repair stores (The Home Depot)
and bought a couple linear feet of indoor/outdoor carpeting (it only cost us
about $2/linear foot for the cheap stuff) and lined all the floors with it.
The fuzzies LOVE it.  In fact, sometimes if it's warm, I'll find them asleep
just on the carpet in the corner.  They did try to lift it at the edges when
we first put it down though.  We just tied it down in the corners with some
string and that worked perfectly.

The other day, we were playing with our fuzzies and our male, Ivan, got more
excited than I've ever seen him.  He was just bouncing off of everything...
the walls, the coffee table, the sofa, us.  Just back and forth and dooking
like mad.  So I ran behind the sofa and he bounced up onto the back and then
lept right at me!  He hit me right at my waist and hung there from his front
paws like someone hanging for his life.  I was laughing so hard I shook him
off and when he hit the floor he just went dooking about his business.
Anyone else have a flying ferret?

Dana and Robyn (We're the pet, I think?)
Ivan (Dook! Bounce! Dook! Ooooooh, something to shred!)
Tasha (I'm the quiet, demure one.. Oh! Is that a foot? CHOMP!)