From:
Marilyn Ledoux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 07:14:42 -0400
Dear Friends,

It distresses me so to see so much bickering on the FML. Bob is
wonderful, and he lets everyone have their say.

If you have a problem, try to express it in a kinder way. I would urge
you to remember in these trying times; EVERYONE is fighting an uphill
battle. Ferret people have to build the hill they have to fight up.
The only people in our corner are other ferret people.

As you all know, Ferrets are considered "wild and dangerous" by some
insurance companies. They will cancel your policy in a heartbeat. I
speak from personal experience on this one. Our brothers and sisters in
California have to go underground for their ferrets. Everyone's ferrets
get sick, vets do their best, some know more than others, but all try,
and still they die, leaving a void only another ferret person can help
fill. Many people cannot keep their ferrets and must farm them out to
others. That has to hurt, especially if there are children who don't
understand. Some just turn them out.

With all this stress in our lives, I would remind you all, WE HAVE NO
ONE ELSE BUT THE FML. WE ONLY HAVE EACH OTHER; THERE REALLY IS NO ONE
ELSE.

When we bicker and fight and say mean things to each other, someone,
somewhere is being hurt and has no where to go except to the people
that are driving home the hurt. No one understands ferret people and
the love and caring we have for these little creatures

EXCEPT other ferret people. The world, outside the FML, would lock us
all up for spending our life savings on vet bills, driving miles to
save a little life, staying up all night with a sick ferret, cooking,
cleaning, and worrying about these little furry bodies. No one but
another FERRET PERSON understands why we cry over them and go to pieces
when they die. That is what we want to do, and no one but another
FERRET PERSON would understand.

Many have said something that has caused pain, then apologized later.
Please remember in the future, a word said and a stone thrown can NEVER
be recalled.

I do not mean to preach to anyone, and if you have a grievance, just
try to temper it with kindness.

There is a fable that tells of a mouse running away from a fox, a big
lion stepped in and saved the mouse. The mouse told the lion to call
on her if ever he needed a favor. The lion laughed, "You are so small
and I am so big, what could you ever do for me?"

Time passed, and one day, the lion was walking in the forest and was
caught in a snare. He was bound tight by thick ropes and could not get
out. The little mouse heard the roars of the lion and went to see what
happened.

The lion was helpless, but to the mouse, there was no problem. "At last
I can repay the favor to you," said the mouse, and set about gnawing
through the rope. The lion was free in no time. Please remember this
fable and that a kindness, no matter how small, is never wasted.

Marilyn and the gang at Ledoux Hospice.