Date:
Thu, 8 Apr 2004 18:08:53 -0700
Happy Springtime and Easter everyone!

Jen, Sasha and Snowball here with a question about UNWANTED and UNINVITED
house dwellers such as MICE!

I've recently noticed that my studio / mother-in-law apartment
(underneath a regular house) has a mouse/mice problem and I'm not sure
about the safest way to catch them.  (I actually saw one run across my
living room and have seen their droppings in several places.  I also
have reason to believe that they are also eating the ferret food!)

The greatest issue in trying to catch them is that my furkids are used to
having free roam of the place when I'm gone during the day and if I set
out any kind of trap, it would be in a place that is accessable also to
the kiddos and therefore they might "explore" the traps or sticky paper
put out for the mice and be the ones that get trapped - YIKES!!!!

The only thing I can think of is to put out traps of some sort during the
nighttime (when the mice might realistically be out) and then keep the
cage door closed for my ferrets.  OR, since the bathroom is the only room
that has a door on it, I guess I could also keep them in there during the
day or night times inside their cage with the door open but it just
sounds so confining and restricting to them because they are used to
roaming free.

Because my kiddos are so laid back, I wonder if the mice would bite them
maybe if a confrontation ensued because the mice felt threatened?  I
don't know mouse behavior and I don't know if it's instinctual for
ferrets to attack/kill mice?  (maybe depends on the ferret?) Are my
ferrets in any danger with the mouse/mice running around?

Does anyone have any other ideas about how to trap the mice while still
protecting my furkids???  My landlord is a TOTAL BUM JERK and won't do
anything to help me at all so I have to do this myself!  I'm also moving
out VERY soon, as soon as I can find a better place but in the meantime,
this issue MUST be dealt with!

Please feel free to email directly to me at [log in to unmask]

THANKS!!!!