From:
Jeanne Ziola <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The Ferret Mailing List (FML)
Date:
Mon, 11 Oct 1993 21:00:00 -0400
> What about wires?

I've been VERY LUCKY enough in that my ferrets haven't had a real interest
in chewing or climbing on the wires in my room.  As an added measure to keep
them uninterested in them I've used the Bitter Apple paste on most of the
wires. So far, so good, no fried ferrets!!!

> What about kitchen cabinets?

I'll never forget the time my boy Nipper got under the cabinet!!!  I had
Nipper on the floor in the kitchen & he got under the cabinet, I wasn't even
thinking about anything like that happening, first time ferret owner not
knowing too much of what a kit could & would get into!!!!  6 months prior to
getting a kit, my parents had had the kitchen done over completely.  Nipper
couldn't get into the dishwasher, stove or refrigerator from where he was
at!!  It still had me worried that he was under the cabinet!!!  Nutra-Cal to
the rescue, I managed to fit my skinny hand with the tube up underneath the
cabinet to coax the little guy out!!  WHEW!!!

Dona, Stephen & Brittany

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss!!!!!!!

Daisy.Lin

  > Hi, Marshall farm ferrets have a little tattoo on the left ear. Mine has
  > two..close together..also the pet store will give you (or mine did) a
  > certificate to show that the ferret has been dscented and nuetered.

The OTHER left ear has the 2 blue dot tattoo's on Marshall farm ferrets.  I
had to wake up my Sally to double check her right ear!!!  hee hee hee  The
pet shops here in NJ do not give any kind of paperwork on what has been done
to the kits by the breeders.  Very few of the workers in pet shops can tell
the difference between male & female!!!!

One pet shop I deal with allows me to take their kits home with me to wash,
ream ears & play with!!!!  I get my kit fixes every now & then!!!!  I've
loaned an old travel cage to this store, it's set up the way a REAL ferrets
cage should be!!!!!

  > Someone else told me about biting back..and the only reason  I didn't
  > was because...yik. <GG> I would if it was needed though and the  other
  > didn't work.

Here's a real yik!!!!   When I got my Betsy, my DWeasel would beat the
schmitt out of her & drag her all over the room. Betsy stoped eating on me
beacuse of him doing that, Bitter Apple didn't stop DWeasel!!!!!  I put a
stop to his doing that by giving him a taste of his own medicine, I bit him
on the scruff of his neck & draged his butt around the room while hissing at
him the whole time!!  DWeasel was not a happy weasel after a few times of
that!!  Around here, I'm the BOSS ferret!!!  ha ha ha

Jeanne