From:
Dick Bossart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 18:45:30 EDT
Someone wrote several days ago warning that Pepto Bismol contained aspirin.
I meant to reply earlier but things do tend to get busy in a ferret
shelter.  Anyway, I have the bottle of Pepto Bismol in front of me.  The
label states: "This product does not contain aspirin."

We generally use Pepto Bismol in conjunction with Amoxi and carafate when
treating helicobacter.  The bismuth helps to kill off the bacteria.  The
exception, though, is if we get a ferret that absolutely hates it and
vomits.  Then we use Kaopectate to help control the diarrhea.

Dick B.