From:
Brad Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 May 1996 21:00:32 -0400
I have been lurking for about a month now, and really appreciate the
information and personal side of the FML, sad though it may be at times.
There must be a special place in hell for someone who would place
rubberbands on any form of pet!

In addition to being owned by four fuzzy carpet sharks, we are also owned by
two felines, one of whom is a 1 year old neutered male we just adopted as a
compaion for an elderly woman residing with us and which will remain with us
after her passing.  However, he had fleas and a minor respiratory infection
upon adoption.  As the cats have free run of the house and the fuzzies are
let out only in the evenings when I get home, we took Jasper (cat) to the
vet and got him treated for his infection and also were given Advantage to
help combat his and our other feline's fleas.  I asked the vet, who was not
our regular fuzzys' vet, whether or not this was also able to be used on our
ferts.  He did not know, nor did the other vet who was there at the time.
Now to my first question: is there any information on whether this
once-a-month flea adulticide is safe for ferts?  The doses we were given was
for cats and kittens 9# and under.

Also, is there a fert group in the Orlando area?

Again, thanks for all the info, heartwarming stories, and the sad ones, too
- those should make us all appreciate the good in our lives even more!!

Martha aka [log in to unmask]
Jazmine Jazzvicious [hmm, what was that tune dad just whistled?]
Chew-a-toe-a [what do you mean you're wearing slippers with toes?]
Stormy [oh, goody, mom's not looking, maybe I can steal another cookie...]
and Silver [but it looks like a tunnel - I've got to get into it!]
as well as Jasper and Twerp (the two felines who serve as fert play toys)