From:
Jessica Carleton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 10:55:12 -0500
I think my 2 year old champagne Marshall Farms female Rogue has a toe
tattoo (in addition to the two dots on her ear). When I brought her
in for her first checkup, I asked the vet about it because I thought
it could have been a bruise or something, and she told me that it
was probably just a birthmark, but it looked awfully blue to be a
birthmark to me. (Since then I've decided that that vet isn't as
ferret-knowledgeable as I had originally thought for completely
unrelated reasons and am in the process of switching vets for the
ferrets. Maybe I'll ask the new vet what he thinks when I bring her
in this weekend.)

Carol Owens mentioned a couple of days ago that she'd noticed them on
whites, light silvers, and albinos - maybe she's onto something here.
Of those of you out there who have/had ferrets with toe tattoos, were
they all of the albino/white/champagne/light silver coloration? Anyone
have/had sable kids with toe tattoos?

Jess