From:
Jason Creager <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Feb 2000 02:26:28 -0800
Hi everyone,

I am very much in favor of free cash.  What follows is an email I sent out
to my friends this morning when I registered for PayPal.com.  Here's the
catch.  I want to see how close I can get to the $1,000 maximum.
Unfortunately, I don't have a hundred personal friends who are willing to
sign up.

This is where the Ferret Mailing List comes in.  Since this is completely
free money and a limited time offer, I will donate 100% of each $10
generated from the FML to CJ's 24 Carat Ferret Shelter to pay vet bills
and to get a central website started for animal rescue in Southern Nevada.
I will be doing the shelter's webpage on that server.

When I tell PayPal.com to issue the check, I will scan it and post it and
the receipts on the web for all to view.

This is also a bit of a competition since I'm making the same offer on the
Ferret Mailing List and two basset hound mailing lists.  Please send me a
personal email, as well, so I can be sure your referral fee gets credited
to the correct source.

If by some chance, I do hit the one hundred referral limit, I will let all
the lists know immediately so that someone else can earn the $10 and donate
it elsewhere.

Feel free to read the following or skip right to
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=jason%40creager.com

Here is the email which I typed up earlier.  These are all my own words, by
the way.

<*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*><*>
Howdy folks,

Want ten bucks...free?  No cost whatsoever?  I stumbled upon PayPal.com
this morning.  They are a new service which will let anyone with an email
address send or receive money from a credit or debit card for free.  Zero
cost.  Nada.  Zip.  Zilch.

For a limited time, they are offering $10 to you just for signing up and
$10 to me for referring you.  Then, if you care to refer someone, they'll
pay you $10...up to a total of $1,000.  It sounded cheesy until I checked
everything out and signed up myself.

WHO THE HECK is PayPal.com?

They are a new internet company.  Yup, there are a LOT of those nowadays,
but very few are funded by Nokia (the cellular phone people) and Duetsche
Bank.

ARE THEY LEGITIMATE?

Absolutely.  Their homepage has links to articles from ZDNet, The Wall
Street Journal, Financial Times, PC World, and more.  Check them out.  I
certainly did.  With Nokia's pile of cash behind them, I think they're on
the up and up!

WHAT DOES IT DO?

You can send or receive money to or from anyone with an email address and a
credit card, debit card, or bank account.  If you are an online auction
participant as a buyer or seller, this is fantastic because it doesn't cost
anything.  It's not quite the same thing as iEscrow.com, but it doesn't
charge a fee, either.

HOW SECURE IS IT?

Pretty darned secure!  They verify your email address AND your home address
via snail mail.  They use secure servers, just like Amazon, Barnes & Noble,
Microwarehouse, etc.

HOW DO I GET MY MONEY?

You can either have it credited electronically to your account or have them
issue a check at any time.

OH, C'MON! WHERE DO THEY MAKE THEIR MONEY?

It's not advertiser supported and they don't charge a fee.  They draw
interest off of the money in the PayPal account until you tell them to send
it to you.  You could sign up and immediately have the $10 sent to you.

This is not a web generated email.  These are the answers to the questions
I had when I heard of the service.  If you're interested, visit
https://secure.paypal.com/refer/pal=jason%40creager.com and get your ten
bucks!  Check 'em out.

Uromastyx * Volkswagens * High Power Rocketry * Web Design * Ham Radio
http://jason.creager.com        [log in to unmask]       [log in to unmask]
Las Vegas, NV                   TRA #6744               NAR #73524

All responses subject to the terms of
http://jason.creager.com/disclaimer.html
http://www.onemissinglink.org - help for the missing and their loved ones