From:
Kari Golec <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Jun 1997 10:24:24 -0400
Just wanted to share the great strides that NH is making with reconizing
that ferrets are indeed pets and not wild animals, I hope this article
brings hope to those everywhere, including the residents in MI, that one day
it will be safe for all ferrets to come outside and play...this day I
personally dedicate to Kodo..... (this article was printed in the Manchester
Union Leader on June 10, 1997)

' THURSDAY BIG DAY FOR FERRET FANS'
Thursday is offically Ferret Appreciation Day.

[...] It is all sparked by the fact that on June 12,1995, New Hampshire was
the 1st in the nation to grant a quarantine period for properly vaccinated
ferrets.  [...] Shaheen said that ferrets " have earned and won a place in
the hearts and minds of citizens of New Hampshire."

Yesterday was a day of riding the emotional roller coaster with the ever
changing updates with Kodo.  I really had no faith in the Government and
how they treated their citizens and their pets.  Then when I went to my
boyfriend's house and this article was hanging on the refridgerator.  It
gave me hope.  Hopefully this article is the sign.  A sign that ferret
owners so desperately need to hear, and that is oneday, with our hard work
and determination, all ferrets in this nation, will be able to come out and
play without the fear of being confescated and needlessly killed.  I
dedicated this article and day to Kodo and his family.

Sincerely,
Kari and THE GUYS--->  Komto and Aboo.

[Moderator's note: Couldn't post the whole copyrighted article but excerpted
a couple of lines.  BIG]