From:
California Domestic Ferret Association <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 Oct 1996 23:39:20 -0400
Oct. 11,1996

We at the CDFA are pleased to announce that we are on our way to becoming a
fully non-profit corporation.  This means two things.  The first is that our
primary concern will continue to be the welfare and protection of ferrets in
need.  This will be accomplished both through (A) the rescue and defense of
domestic Ferrets and (B) by the education of the public as to the
temperament, nature, care and status oft he domestic ferret.

Secondarily, this means that all of you kind-hearted folds with funds to
spare will be able to donate real money to a worthy cause and receive a tax
deduction in return.  All funds received will go to the maintenance of our
rescue services (Those vet bills and plane tickets get expensive after a
while) and toward the advancement of knowledge and recognition of the
domestic ferret as a quality pet fully deserving of the same status and
benefits as are already bestowed upon other companion critters.

Because of the extraordinary talents evidenced by many of the folks
associated with ferrets, we are asking for you help, and the use of your
experience and talents, in the achievement of these goals.  We are not
alone.  Together we can accomplish more than any one of us working alone.
Now is the time to come together and celebrate the joyous nature of our
favorite furry slinky.

Please stay tuned for further updates.

CDFA1

Please forward any questions, concerns or comments on the California
Domestic Ferret Association to [log in to unmask]

[Moderator's note: These first two posts were sent to about 100 individuals
as well as to the FML.  That's why some responses appear even though the FML
hadn't yet been distributed.  BIG]