From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 11:15:07 -0700
Here's a fun new one.  My husband and I are trying to purchase a home -
we are trying to get home owner's insurance (of course - you can't get
a loan without it).  We called American Family Insurance and they asked
if we had pets and we said yes, ferrets - we were told they do not give
home owners insurance to people with ferrets.  Can you believe this?  We
asked why and they said it was just their policy.  What the heck!?!

Has anyone else had this problem?  Who do YOU use for your home owner's
insurance?  Have they ever asked about pets?

Once again, ferrets and their owners facing discrimination...one of the
reasons we are BUYING a house is so we don't have to go through the whole
"ferrets? no apartment rental for you!" crap.

[SY]