From:
Troy Lynn Eckart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 08:45:43 -0600
O.k. I finally remembered to bring the email contacts for the 150 free
breeder ferrets in Michigan.  [log in to unmask]  and [log in to unmask]

Apparently when I posted the information some people took it that I was
advocating breeding these ferrets.  I wasn't.  I wanted people to think
about it before they chose to adopt these breeder ferrets for several
reasons.

Many times people have mentioned on the FML that they were looking for
other than Marshall Farm ferrets because of the health issues and size.
For those people this may be an option.  I truly hope that anyone that
decides to adopt these ferrets will have them altered, vet checked, and
they will be kept inside with the family and be a valued family member as
every ferret should be, not kept outside only to be tossed a handful of
food now and again and never receive any human social interaction or love.
There will be work involved in rehabbing them to what a normal ferret
should be and expense for medical care.  That is what I wanted people to
think about.  I was advocating finding loving responsible homes for ferrets
in need.

I apologize for any concern my post caused.

Hugs to all. tle