From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 May 2005 07:41:10 -0400
Here are some things I consider healthy treats:
- small pieces of cooked meat, fish or egg
- chicken wing tips, briefly boiled or microwaved
- any quality ferret kibble not normally fed to them given by hand (my
  guys think Path Valley is candy!)
- high quality cat/kitten food fed by hand
- Totally Ferret's new Chicken Bits (100% chicken)
- Totally Ferret Treats
- Rosie's Rewards (100% beef)
- Gimborn 100% freeze dried meat treats

One good thing about the ferret or cat/kitten food--you can give them as
much as you want without worrying about overdoing it!!

Treats ok in moderation:
- Meat-based treats like Bandits
- Jerky treats (read label: may contain sugar and salt, so moderation
  needed!)

To be avoided:
- yogurt drops (virtually all sugar)
- anything with bits of dried fruit or vegetables
- treats with flour or grain as first ingredient

This is just my list.  I'm sure others have found great treat ideas!

Linda

International Ferret Congress
http://www.ferretcongress.org