From:
Yvonne Zoll <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 30 Apr 2005 10:13:35 -0700
Oh yes!  Our kids adore roses, honeysuckle and pansies.  If there are
any in the house, they are soon to be eaten.  The ferrets won't rest
until they find the flowers.  It is so funny to watch them roaming and
sniffing, trying to figure out where we have hidden the flowers this
time.  No shelf is too high, and no table is unconquerable when it comes
to accessing their flowery treats.  They eat what they want and stash
the rest which I don't mind,lol, I'd much rather find dried flowers than
mummified chicken strips or french fries in their hiding spots any day!
My husband loves roses and has an enormous rose bush planted right
outside our living room window.  It is as tall as our house and a little
wider than the double windows.  It gets so heavy with blooms that the
branches droop, and on cool sunny days we open the windows to let in the
wonderful fresh air.  Almost the second that the windows are open, the
ferrets are right there, up in the window sill sniffing and begging for
flowers.

One day I thought ah well, roses are edible so what would be the harm in
letting them have one?  So I went outside and cut a few.  I brought them
inside and set them on the floor for inspection.  Whew!  The kids went
bonkers!  So we later tried out honeysuckle with the same results.  They
roll around and rub all over the flowers as they eat them.  We get the
added bonus of not just good breath, but of sweetly scented coats as
well!  It's too funny that the same sweet little monsters will just
as eagerly roll around in the trash can contents, thus "perfuming"
themselves with the not so endearing scent of garbage just as happily as
they will with the flowers.  And they will go to equal lengths to obtain
both.  Ah, what funny little creatures :-)

Dooks and Hugs,
Yvonne