From:
Renee Ryerson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 May 2000 12:31:17 -0400
Hi folks

I'm a Brooklynite moving to San Francisco this month, and have been trying
to figure out how to handle my move ferretwise.  I have two healthy
4-year-old sprites, and I REALLY don't want to give them up--although I
would if I thought they'd be in great danger.

The current plan is to get settled and then come get the girls and fly them
from Newark, NJ (Guiliani just outlawed ferrets in NYC...great) to Reno, NV
and then to rent a car and drive them to my new home.

A very good ferret person has sent me the URL of maps showing how to avoid
the agricultural checkpoints upon driving into CA, but I was hoping to find
someone who'd done this before and could give me some advice from personal
experience.  I'm also looking for advice or links on how to find a good vet
in the Oakland/Berkeley area, and whether I'd be safer renting from a
cat-friendly place than a no-pets place.  In the past I've been
don't-ask/don't tell with my landlords who seem not to care about caged
pets.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions, please let me know. If you don't
think your information would be absolutely fascinating for everyone, please
email me at [log in to unmask]

THANK YOU THANK YOU!

-Renee, Frett and Sully