From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 May 1997 11:09:29 -0700
Hi y'all,

This is a follow-up to my previous message asking for help in getting my 2
yr old boy to use the box.  Many thanks to everyone who responded.

I have 3 rats, the youngest is the one with the problem.  I took 1 FML's
advice of taking out all hammocks etc and covering the cage floor with their
sleeping bags and secured the box to the corner.  That kinda helped.  But I
discovered, part of his problem is he doesn't want to SHARE a litterbox ...
he wanted his OWN private bathroom!  So I put in a 2nd box right next to the
big one in the corner (rest of cage is covered in bedding) and he's using
it!  I have to be sure it's clean though.  Interesting obserations: The
first time I went to let them out after installing the box, he immediately
jumped in his private toilet, pooped and :^) at me ... I think he was giving
me a "good girl!" The other intersting thing is the other 2 don't use his
box at all.  Maybe those knuckleheads do have brains afterall!

Dede