Date:
Fri, 23 Jul 1999 19:33:16 -0500
I've said before that Dervish is exceptionally good with her litter box.
She never, ever misses when she's caged (which is during the day while I'm
at work and then in class).  When she's loose in the house, she invariably
runs up the stairs to our bedroom where her litter is.

The only time she ever has "accidents" is when someone leaves her closed in
the downstairs bedroom while she's asleep and she wakes up; even then, she
usually waits until I take her upstairs to her box.

I think the reason that she has the very-nearly-100% hit rate is because
she's an only ferret.  There isn't the scent-marking anywhere in the house
except in her actual litter box.  That, and she's really trying hard to
impress my mother.  Even the felines occasionally go where they ain't
supposed to ... not Dervish!

Speaking of poop ... I've noticed that lately there's an increase in hair
in Dervish's poopies.  There have been a few little clumps in each poopie,
small clumps that she has no trouble passing; previously, the hairy bits
would number about one or two every few days.  I had been giving her
occasional vaseline as a hairball remedy, but have stopped until I figure
out what's going on.

There's nothing else abnormal about the poops, and she isn't straining or
bleeding or getting mucus-y or anything.  Has anyone else experienced this?
Is she just shedding?  Last time we were at the vet, we didn't find any
hairballs.

-(TX) Meghan and Dervish the WonderFerret (who has dialed the radio station
on my telephone three times in the past week!)