From:
MS JEANNE E STADTMILLER <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Apr 1995 09:58:30 EDT
Well, here I am posting twice in one year!  As you may have gathered, I
only speak up when something moves me!  Well, I was going to give my
profound opinions on the "muzzle" presented by Ferret Paws, but Debbie
Riccio beat me to it -  and very eloquently as well!
    I am a firm believer that people will  believe what they see, and
wandering around with a muzzle would convince me that ferrets bite!  For
example, what if you saw, on maybe two or three separate occassions, big
old  Rottweilers with muzzles walking in the park.  Now, I know
Rottweilers, and I know they get a bad  rap -  but if I  didn't  know how
sweet a lot of them are, I'd begin forming an opinion real quick!
    When strangers are around my animals, I have no qualms whatsoever about
saying (when people ask me if they can hold or play with them)  "They don't
generally bite, but I'd prefer that you don't."  Explain the law, if
necessary.  When I do let people pet them, I hold them firmly in both
hands, one hand  around the front paws ( to head off the head and mouth if
it turns...) and offer the animals back to pet.  No problem here.
    I agree with Debbie wholeheartedly!!!
                       Jeanne Stadtmiller
                   Ferrets and Friends of  Upstate New York