Date:
Mon, 4 Feb 2002 10:15:02 EST
Dear Anonymous,

If your cat is strictly indoors, you can trim it's nails.  Generally, a
cat will not do any damage with a warning bite or slap, but it wouldn't
hurt to take the sharp points off your cats claws.  Some cats can get a
little more rough with their warnings than others!!

My ferts live in the same room as my cats.  Some of the cats enjoy playing
with them, some don't.  All of my ferts have learned which ones like to
play, and which ones want to be left alone.  How- ever, all of my cats are
14 years+.  Your cat, being so young, will have more energy so you might
want to limit their play time together.

Tinker, my little girl fert, loves to jump on a couple of my cats and get
them by the scruff of the neck.  Then, she slings her head back and forth
until she makes them meow.  The cats will slap at her, and in return she
will quickly put her butt in their face, and then take off running.  The
cats chase her under a blanket, and the game of hide and seek begins!
They all love the game.  None of the cats have ever hurt my ferts, and
vice versa.  They have all been together for over a year now.

Charissa, and her ferts, Bart, Boomer, and Tinker