From:
Anonymous Poster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 May 2009 02:55:08 -0400
If war was brought to our soil or riots were breaking out in our cities
one may not have the opportunity to bring an animal to the vet for
proper euthanasia. If bombs were going off in our streets and you had
no choice but to leave with just the clothes on your back, would you
leave your ferrets alive to starve or suffer a painful injury? If you
lived in the middle of no where, didn't have transportation and your
animal were gravely ill, would you make him/her go through hours of
agony to bring them to the vet to be put to sleep through injection?
There are also natural disaster scenarios to think about.

I know those examples are extreme but it is something that crosses
my mind every now and again. For some people, those examples are a
reality. I love my fur children more than anything in this world.
Their well being is always on my mind. I would never want to face
any situation where I would feel like putting them down myself
would be the best option or my only option.

By the way, drowning is painful and scary. It feels like your lungs are
on fire. Freezing to death isn't a calm and painless way to go either.

Here are scenarios where I think it would be very wrong to even think
about doing it yourself: to save money, to make it easier to move, if
the animal is perfectly healthy and you can no longer take care of
them, to not burden shelters.

Like I said I know these examples are extreme. I just thought people
were too quick to judge the original poster.

[SH]