From:
alphachi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Mar 1998 06:33:58 -0500
>Again the use of the term "mill".  Marshall Farms is nothing like the
>notorious "puppy-mills".  The puppy mills are run on the cheap and pump
>out "pedigreed" puppies that usually are ill-conformed based on accepted
>standards.  Little (or rather often no) veterinary care is provided.

Gee, you're right, Marshall does *not* offer pedigreed ferrets.

>Do you mean rather a veterinary conference sponsored by the AFA that was
>attended by and with lectures by most of the best veterinarians that treat
>a lot of ferrets?  She has not to our knowledge spoken at an AFA show or
>AFA board meeting.

It was the 8th Small Mammal Veterinary Conference, and the keynote speaker
was Dr Bell, which indeed was sponsored by the AFA.  Hence the term AFA
gathering.  I did not say show or board meeting.

>Retired breeders are also donated to vet schools and other worthwhile
>studies.

A relative few and usually with financial "conditions".

>Its pretty obvious that you are not a lawyer.  This statement is a legal
> mistake.  Check with a real attourney on defamation.

I have extensive contact with lawyers on a regular basis and feel very
comfortable in my pursuit of Marshall being more accountable and in
investigating their practices.  All of my posts have been made in good
faith, and to the best of my ability.  Not only have I "checked" with
"real" attorneys, I know how to spell it!  (ahh, damn, there goes that
rapier...well, just a little ;-).  Sorry.

Seriously, I appreciate your concerns and all your time.

best wishes,
until next time,
alphachi