From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Nov 1997 22:08:37 -0600
Hi Everyone,

First a question.  Reading a new book on a new psychological theory, highly
sensitive people.  It puts forth that some folks are highly sensitive to
their surroundings and this shows up as being able to understand folks
better, having very reliable intuition and being super observant.  It also
talks about these same traits leading to over load and over reaction
sometimes due to over stimulation from the environment, causing the same
folks to also hide out alot.  The psychologist also states that it seems to
cross over into the animal world, resulting in those individuals who try new
things and ways, being able to figure them out easier.  She states that the
percentage of individuals, both animals and humans, who have this is 15 to
20%.  She proposes that in animals these individuals also serve as look outs.

What I am wondering is, all those timid little fear biters, of which I have
two, could this be the cause?  The theory is based partly on genetics.
Perhaps this is the cause for those little ones who hide out, run a lot and
are quick to nip when startled.  And only after they feel entirely safe with
someone do they calm down.  Yet get overstimulated when meeting someone new.

Any opinions out there? One this subject anyway. ;-)

Had my Thanksgiving yesterday and Conan the Toebiter was very happy for it
too.  I think he must have eaten a half cup of turkey.  Him and Connor the
Cat were completely little piggies over it.  I guess this is a good thing
cause I had a 12 pound turkey for 2 people!!  So we will be eating turkey
until next year I am sure!

Ravyn, my guest, was describing my poor little Nicky boy as the walking tub
of lard.  I mean really.  Just because you can barely see his little legs
sticking out!  He is just putting a little extra insulation on for the
winter.

It was a nice Thanksgiving.  Much nicer than last year.  Ravyn is a broad
just like me, although in her case it is an Armenian gene that accounts for
it rather than a Celtic one.  LOL!!

I have mixed in the Science Diet Feline T/D into the ferrets food and it
seems to be a hit.  I do hope that it helps keep their teeth clean.  The
recent check ups at the vet though showed only one cat to have any dental
problems so we are actually doing pretty good in that department.

The ferrets, probably Brock or Pookie, stole Ravyn's ciggies this morning.
I still haven't found them.  I guess I should just keep a look out for a
little cloud of smoke to see who the mischievious one is around here.

Margaret and Mad Mustelid Mob

Jerry to Kramer, "You're Crazy!"
Kramer to Jerry, "Am I? Or am I so sane that I blow your mind!"

Quote from Seinfeld