From:
carmen stephan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 01:29:54 -0700
Hi,
first of all:
I don't understand why you want to bath your ferret because this isn't
necessary at all.  Let them dig in playsand or paper, give them clean
towels every other day and they stay in perfect health and will have great,
clean fur.  It isn't healty at all to wash your ferrets/pets.  Over here
(in holland) it isn't that common at all and that doesn't mean our ferrets
are dirty or smelling terrible.  Mine have great long fur, feel soft en
don't smell at all.

Secondly: I have one ferret who is screaming too seeing water (not always
the bathtub it can be the river too although he likes to explore water or
swim but as long as it is his discion and no one will force him

Jip doens't like to be hold up in the air with no ground under his feet nor
does he like to be swung "trough the air" into the water.

If your ferret does like to explore everything let him do it on his own
way, perhaps make a playgarden of the bathroom and tub first!  Calm him
down and hug him if he is afraid (we do the same with them as the kittens
by putting our mouth on their neck and breathing out on it, also you can
hold him (with one hand around his "waist" and swing him slowly it will
help to relex.  Jip grew over it, we didn't do that much realy to help
him over it..  just let him get used to it on his own way and tempo.

Wish you luck,
Carmen

=====
Ferret's Friend Forever T.O.P. Shelter
-for indoor & outdoor ferrets-
NL - Pb 12, 4024 ZG, Eck en Wiel
Tel/Fax. (+31)0344-692790 of (+31)0627-001165
http://dieren.clubs.nl/FerretsFriendForever http://tip.nu/FerretsFriendForever